Purposes of alumni networks
- establish and maintain connections between the University, alumni, and
- advance the interests of the University and current students
- promote alumni involvement through financial support
- provide an array of opportunities for alumni to interact with each other and
engage with Illinois State in a meaningful way
Priorities of alumni networks
- assist in recruiting students
- promote student interaction with alumni
- provide networking and professional development opportunities for alumni
- fundraise to support scholarships and other University initiatives
- advocate on behalf of Illinois State--help us Spread the Red!
Networks AND Groups
Alumni networks, whether they meet face to face or online, are a
critical link between alumni and the University while providing opportunities
for Illinois State alumni to maintain an active role in the life of the
institution. Alumni networks are vital to the work of Illinois State.
Alumni networks may be established based on many factors
including: academic affinity, professional industry, geographic concentration,
ethnic background, campus organization, and stage of life.
Regional based alumni associations
Affinity based alumni associations
Interested in starting or participating in a network?
Find out how being part of an Illinois State University Alumni group can aid you in networking and staying connected.