If you are or had a guardian, parent, grandparent or sibling attend Illinois State University, and you either are a current student or an alumnus of Illinois State, then you are a Redbird Legacy.
New freshmen or transfer students who have a parent or grandparent that graduated from Illinois State will receive a $500 scholarship each year for up to four years. For more information regarding this scholarship, contact the Office of Admissions.
A variety of other scholarship opportunities offered through the Alumni Association are open to students who are sons, daughters, siblings, or grandkids of Illinois State alumni.
- Student Alumni Council/Marian H. Dean Legacy Scholarship
- Donald L. and Marie E. Dillow Family Memorial Scholarship
- Redbird Family Partial Tuition Waiver
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- Black Colleagues Association Scholarships
- Latinx Alumni Scholarships
Legacy Commencement Stoles
Graduates who are part of our Redbird legacy family can order a specially designed stole for commencement to recognize their family’s Illinois State tradition. Stoles are currently being sold for $25 for our legacy graduates. Order now!
Interested in continuing or starting a Redbird Legacy in your family? Encourage a talented student to apply!